Info courtesy of Shooting People email announcement:
Shooting People, IFP and NYWIFT are partnering for the first time to give members the opportunity to attend Hot Docs in Toronto as part of the official “US Delegation.” The fest takes place April 29 – May 9, 2010.
The Hot Docs delegations program welcomes specially-organized international groups of documentary professionals, and helps to develop industry programming and market events focused on the co-production, financing and international sales of docs.
A US Delegation at Hot Docs will include the following components:
Toronto Documentary Forum (May 5 & 6) US delegation producers applying to attend the Forum as observers will be guaranteed admission to this limited seating event.
International Co-Production Day (May 3) A special event during which US producers can introduce themselves to fellow delegates and connect with international documentary professionals.
Featured Index for US Producer’s Projects in the digital Doc Shop market Each US delegation producer would receive the opportunity to submit, on a 25% discounted basis, films into the Doc Shop, Hot Docs’ on-demand digital video library for international buyers and programmers.
US delegates will have also the opportunity to access:
- All Festival Screenings (access to over 255 screenings)
- The Doc Shop digital market screening library
- All Hot Docs Conference sessions and programs, including Hot Docs Talks, Kickstart panels, CoffeeTalks and Micro Meetings
- All Sales Office services and events, including Rendezvous meeting opportunities, Hot Docs Online Community and Sales Consultants
- The annual Hot Docs Awards Presentation
- All services provided by the Rogers Industry Center
- A full roster of parties and receptions
- The NFB Delegate Lounge
- Over 1,900 registered documentary professionals from more than 25 countries
- Over 300 international broadcasters, film foundation representatives and acquisitions executives representing the world’s key broadcast markets
- Over 400 accredited media representatives
- All this at the hugely discounted price of 577.50 (Canadian Dollars).
Sign up here with discount code: HDUSADEL
When registering online, delegates should select pass option C: Toronto Documentary Forum Pass.
Please note you will have to make your own travel and accommodation arrangements.