Grants & Awards
These resources are meant to assist filmmakers at any stage of the funding, production, or distribution process. Our lists are by no means exhaustive, and some resources listed may become out of date. These pages will continue to evolve over time. We welcome your suggestions and corrections.
Ideas & Tools
- Entertainment Partners – Production Incentives Glossary – An overview of U.S. tax credits and government incentives for film, television and commercial productions.These incentives are offered either as refundable tax credits, transferable tax credits, production rebates, or upfront/backend production funding.
- Grantmakers in Film & Electronic Media – Grantmakers in Film + Electronic Media (GFEM) is an association of grantmakers committed to advancing the field of media arts and public interest media funding. GFEM serves as a resource for grantmakers who fund media content, infrastructure, and policy, those who employ media to further their program goals as well as a collaborative network for funders who wish to learn more about media. GFEM is not a funding organization and does not offer grants or fundraising advice. GFEM’s primary mission is to encourage their grantmaker colleagues to consider funding or increase their funding of compelling, innovative social issue media as a field. GFEM does have an online database where filmmakers who have received at least one foundation grant can create profiles and be found by potential funders.
- MediaRights – An online database of films that are socially relevant.
- Shooting People – an international online network of filmmakers dedicated to the support and promotion of independent filmmaking.
- Withoutabox - one stop shop for submitting a film to festivals.
- Workbook Project – “The WorkBook Project (WBP) is for those who want to be creative in the digital age. The WBP, through its website, R&D projects such as festival From Here to Awesome and roving conference DIY Days, provides insight into the process of funding, creating, distributing and sustaining as a creator of media (film, games, music, design, software).”